JCR-UK HOSTED DATABASES
The general JCR-UK Database is the ALL-UK Database, which contains more than 390,000 records relating to Jews in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Gibraltar.
In addition, the following separate databases are hosted by JCR-UK:
Federation of Synagogues Cemeteries Databases
Made available to the public by the Federation of Synagogues, through JGSGB and JCR-UK.
● London - Edmonton Federation Cemetery Records - burial records of the cemetery at Edmonton, London N18 (over 36,800 records, from the opening of the cemetery in 1890 until May 2018).
● London - Rainham Federation Cemetery Records - burial records of the cemetery at Rainham, Essex (over 25,800 records, from the opening of the cemetery in 1938 until May 2018).
Other Hosted Cemeteries Databases
Prepared and made available to JCR-UK by Alan Tobias, assisted by members of the relevant communities.
● Bradford Jewish Cemeteries Database (a project funded by the UK Heritage Lottery Fund) - records of burials, plus photographs of the headstones, with GPS coordinates and Google satellite image showing the location of each grave in:
○ Bradford Synagogue(Reform) Cemetery - over 200 interments, 1877 - May 2017;
○ Bradford Hebrew Congregation (Orthodox) Cemetery - over 400 interments, 1912 - May 2017.
● Bristol Orthodox Jewish Cemeteries Database - records of over 950 burials, plus photographs of the extant headstones and copies of the burial certificates, where available, in the Bristol Hebrew Congregation Cemeteries at Barton Road, St Phillips and Ridgeway, Eastville (including re-internments from the Great Gardens, Rose Street Cemetery), from 1762 to 2003.Harrogate Hebrew Congregation's Stonefall Jewish Cemetery (approximately 180 interments or re-interments from 1964 to 2014) and 6 Jewish servicemen buried in the Stonefall Military Cemetery. Beth Hamedrash Hagadol (BHH) Cemetery, Leeds (which also includes a number of other congregations), Gelderd Road, Gildersome, from 1955 to 28 February 2019. Leeds Hill Top Cemeteries, generally in use from 1875 to 1970 (but with some later burials). - records of more than 8,800 burials, plus photographs of over 7,750 headstones, with GPS coordinates and Google satellite image showing the location of the grave, in the Leeds New Farnley Cemeteries, from 1896 to 28 February 2019. Sinai (Reform) Synagogue section of the Harehills Cemetery, Leeds, from the early 1950s to June 2014.
● Leeds - UHC Cemetery Database - records of nearly 7,000 burials, plus photographs of almost 5,200 headstones, with GPS coordinates and Google satellite image showing the location of the grave, in the United Hebrew Congregation (UHC) Cemetery, Leeds (which also includes a number of other congregations), Gelderd Road, Gildersome, from 1840 to 28 February 2019.Sunderland's Bishopwearmouth Cemetery (1856 to May 2019).
● Welsh Jewish Cemeteries:
● Cardiff Ely Jewish Cemetery Database - records of nearly 970 burials, with some 820 headstone images, at the Cardiff Hebrew Congregation's cemetery in Ely, Cardiff, including GPS coordinates for each individual grave (accurate to about one metre) together with a button which, when clicked, brings up a Google satellite image of the cemetery showing the location of the grave. The database covers burials from 1968 until November 2019.
● Swansea Jewish Cemeteries Database - burial records of the Swansea Hebrew Congregation's two cemeteries, the only Jewish cemeteries in Swansea, including GPS coordinates for each individual grave (accurate to about one metre) together with a button which, when clicked, brings up a Google satellite image of the cemetery showing the location of the grave. The database covers burials to December 2017 at the following cemeteries:
○ Old Cemetery, Townhill, generally in use from 1768 until mid-1970s - nearly 950 records, with 735 headstone photographs;
○ Oystermouth Cemetery, opened 1975 - nearly 200 records, with 175 headstone photographs.
Other DatabasesBristol Hebrew Congregation Birth and Death Register from 1829 to 1893, including, in each case, a scanned image of the corresponding page of the Register.
Burial Databases affiliated to JCR-UK
The following databases are affiliated to JCR-UK:
● The Database of the
Hebrew Burial Society (which manages the Riddrie, Sandymount and
Glenduffhill Jewish Cemeteries), now part of
Scottish Jewish Cemeteries,
is affiliated to JCR-UK.
This latter database includes burials at all cemeteries in Scotland..
Separate page created: 12 November 2019
This website is
owned by JewishGen and the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain. All
material found herein is owned by or licensed to us. You may view, download, and
print material from this site only for your own personal use. You may not post
material from this site on another website without our consent. You may not
transmit or distribute material from this website to others. You may not use
this website or information found at this site for any commercial purpose.
Copyright © 2002 - 2020 JCR-UK. All Rights Reserved