JewishGen Press Publication Criteria
Submissions to JewishGen Press must meet the following criteria to be considered for publication:
- The work is non-fiction, written in English, with a published length of at least 50 pages and no more than 100,000 words. (Shorter works may be considered for inclusion in an anthology format along with the works of other authors.)
- The work concerns issues of Jewish genealogy, history, culture, or heritage; focusing on people, places, and events of the past.
- The work embodies the quality of writing and research required by the JewishGen Press.
- The work is the original work of the author.
- The author is the legal owner of or has all rights in and to the work.
- The work does not violate or infringe on any copyright or other personal property rights of any third parties.
- The work has been edited prior to submission, by the author and/or by a professional editor retained at the author’s expense, for coherence, grammar, spelling, and typographical errors.
- The work has not been published elsewhere, self-published, accepted for publication elsewhere, and is not pending acceptance or being considered for publication elsewhere. An exception for a previously published work may be made at the discretion of the Editorial Board if the work is no longer available for purchase and the Board deems its publication to be an exceptionally valuable contribution to the Jewish and non-Jewish communities.
- Note - JewishGen Press does not publish primary source material unless it is integrated into an accompanying text (e.g., collections of letters without text describing the context in which they were written will not be considered.)
To submit a manuscript for consideration, see the Submission Guidelines.
Questions? Please direct any questions to: email@example.com
Searching the JewishGen Press
The complete catalogue of JewishGen Press offerings can be accessed by clicking here.