It is a general Bolivian cemetery with a small, fenced-off Jewish section. This section is identified by a stone memorial pillar, with the Star of David on top. The memorial has two plaques which are inscribed in Spanish. The English language translation (by Donna Brown) reads: "THE ISRAELI COMMUNITY TO OUR FALLEN BROTHERS 1933-1945". Below this, the second plaque reads: "IN MEMORY OF THE CITIZEN JEWS WHO ARRIVED IN SUCRE FROM EUROPE, FLEEING THE GERMAN SOCIALIST NATIONAL TERROR, REIGNING IN EUROPE BETWEEN 1933 AND 1945. GERMAN COOPERATION BY THE GERMAN AMBASSADOR, LA PAZ AND THE HONORARY CONSULAR OF GERMANY IN SUCRE." Dated:"Sucre, October of 200?"