Congregation Shaare Tikvah and B’nai Zion Synagogue are both Chicago synagogues that merged and are now closed. These plaques were rescued from being destroyed by Todd Bodenson of Chicago. They were photographed by a group of volunteers from the JGS Illinois (JGSI) in November 2014. These photos were processed and indexed by another group of JGSI volunteers. Shaare Tikvah was located at 5800 N. Kimball and B’nai Zion was at 1447 W. Pratt before the merge.
For more information contact: Jackye Sullins: Plaques@jgsi.org JGSI: 312-666-0100