The land now known as Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park (known as the Woods Cemetery for many years) was purchased in the early 1930s by the Ivansker Mutual Benefit Society. Initially, forty-five synagogues and societies purchased segments of the cemetery from Ivansker. In later years, other organizations purchased parts of these segments. By 2007, there were fifty-five separate cemeteries making up Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park.|
This section is located on the north side of the Tel Aviv Boulevard roadway.
Please contact cemetery@JGSToronto.ca for information about, or to request, photographs of headstones; please provide the decedent's name, cemetery section (and sub-section, if applicable), and row and grave numbers. We can often provide larger or higher-resolution photos than those appearing here, as well as photos of the reverse side of headstones (when relevant information, such as memorial inscriptions, appears there). Headstone photographs for more recent burials can also be requested at this address and are anticipated to be fulfilled during the summer and fall months.
Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park; telephone: 416-223-1373; e-mail: email@example.com; website: bathurstlawn.ca.
For an overview map of the cemetery layout, please visit bathurstlawn.ca/maps/