Moenchsdeggingen, Germany. 150 burials total.
From 1671 until 1833 Jews of Moenchsdeggingen shared the Jewish cemetery in Harburg with the Jewish communities of Harburg and Ederheim. Between 1833 and 1881 they finally had their own burial site in Moenchsdeggingen. Around 1875 most Jews had left Moenchsdeggingen for the bigger cities, quite a few of them heading for Noerdlingen. During the 1870s the Jewish cemetery of Moenchsdeggingen was also used by the Noerdlingen Jewish Community until their own burial ground was established in 1878. The last interment in Moenchsdeggingen took place in 1881.
Compiled by Rolf Hofmann (HarburgProject@aol.com) and Martina Illian-Woerle MA. For more information, please see www.alemannia-judaica.de/harburgproject.htm