Springwood – More recently than the Reform congregation, orthodox organisations have reserved areas within the Allerton Cemetery complex. Officially Allerton Municipal Cemetery – Jewish sections, these areas are known simply as ‘Springwood Cemetery’. The Childwall Hebrew Congregation started to use the southern section in 1951. The Allerton Congregation shared this section from 1968. With the Rice Lane cemetery nearing capacity, the Merseyside Jewish Representative Council arranged for further land at Springwood to be made available; the ‘communal’ section (the eastern part of the northern section at Springwood) was brought into use in 1974; the ‘Federated’ society also used this section, when Lower House Lane reached capacity. This section (now administered by Merseyside Jewish Community Care) remains the active burial ground for those without main-synagogue affiliation, or with reserved ‘Federated’ plots. Since 2009 and 2015 respectively, the Allerton and Childwall congregations have made use of the western part of the northern section for new burials, with only reserved plot interments taking place in the southern section. 2060 records are included for the Springwood cemetery overall to the end of 2018.
For further information, please contact email@example.com