The cemetery belongs to the Union Israelita de Beneficiencia (Jewish community). It is located next to the Cementerio Universal (the non Jewish cemetery) in the Robledo neighborhood. It has been in use since 1929. Men and women are buried separately, and there is a separate section for kids. On average each person has 2 stones, one in Spanish and one in Hebrew. Sometimes even a third stone is in place. There is a monument commemorating the victims of the Shoah. The documentation for this cemetery was done by members of Colombia's Jewish Genealogical Society.