The land now known as Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park (known as the Woods Cemetery for many years) was purchased in the early 1930s by the Ivansker Mutual Benefit Society. Initially, forty-five synagogues and societies purchased segments of the cemetery from Ivansker. In later years, other organizations purchased parts of these segments. By 2007, there were fifty-five separate cemeteries making up Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park.|
This section is located on the north side of the Jerusalem Road roadway. The section consists of three primary rows, A through C, from west to east. Row A extends from Jerusalem Road north to Tel Aviv Boulevard; plots are numbered sequentially from 1 (closest to Jerusalem Road) northwards. Rows B and C extend from the fifteenth grave north to Tel Aviv Boulevard [the fourteen graves in each row closest to Jerusalem Road are part of section 19A]; plots are numbered sequentially from 1 (at the south end of the section) northwards, such that the plots numbered 1 in rows B and C are at the same distance from Jerusalem Road as plot number 15 of row A. In addition, there are a small number of graves at the north end of the section to the west of row A, identified as row 1A, as well as a small number of graves at the north end of the section between rows A and B, identified as row A1.
Headstone photographs are available for most burials through 2012/2013 (and are in the process of being added to JOWBR). Please contact cemetery@JGSToronto.ca to request a headstone photograph; please provide the decedent's name, cemetery section (and sub-section, if applicable), and row and grave numbers. Headstone photographs for more recent burials can also be requested at this address and are anticipated to be fulfilled during the summer months.
Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park; telephone: 416-223-1373; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: bathurstlawn.ca.
For a cemetery map, please visit bathurstlawn.ca/maps