The land now known as Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park (known as the Woods Cemetery for many years) was purchased in the early 1930s by the Ivansker Mutual Benefit Society. Initially, forty-five synagogues and societies purchased segments of the cemetery from Ivansker. In later years, other organizations purchased parts of these segments. By 2007, there were fifty-five separate cemeteries making up Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park.|
This section is located on the north side of the Jerusalem Road roadway. The section consists of ten rows, A through H (including B1 and F1), from west to east. Graves are numbered sequentially from 1 (closest to Jerusalem Road) northwards.
Headstone photographs are available for most burials through 2012/2013 (and are in the process of being added to JOWBR). Please contact cemetery@JGSToronto.ca to request a headstone photograph; please provide the decedent's name, cemetery section (and sub-section, if applicable), and row and grave numbers. Headstone photographs for more recent burials can also be requested at this address and are anticipated to be fulfilled during the summer months.
Bathurst Lawn Memorial Park; telephone: 416-223-1373; e-mail: email@example.com; website: bathurstlawn.ca.
For a cemetery map, please visit bathurstlawn.ca/maps