Roselawn Avenue Cemetery was established in 1906 on land donated by Samuel Weber; individual parcels of land were subsequently purchased by congregations and organizations, such that it is today comprised of individual sections serving 23 synagogues/organizations. The cemetery sections line both sides along two blocks of Roselawn Avenue, interspersed with homes and apartment buildings; each section is independently owned and operated.|
This section is located on the north side of Roselawn Avenue, at the east end of the 610 - 622 Roselawn Avenue cemetery block. The section is L-shaped, consisting of five rows extending from the front fence to the rear of the section, along with 17 rows flanking the east/west pathway along the rear fence (behind sections 4 through 6). Rows are numbered sequentially from 1, starting at the fence on the east side westward. Graves are numbered sequentially from the front (south) to back (north). In rows 1 through 5, graves are numbered 1D through 1A, followed by 1. In rows 6 through 22, graves are numbered from 1 from the south side of the pathway northwards; in most rows, the pathway is considered to be grave 7.
Headstone photographs are available for most burials through 2012/2013 (and are in the process of being added to JOWBR). Please contact cemetery@JGSToronto.ca to request a headstone photograph; please provide the decedent's name, cemetery section (and sub-section, if applicable), and row and grave numbers. Headstone photographs for more recent burials can also be requested at this address and are anticipated to be fulfilled during the summer months.
Roselawn-Lambton Cemetery Association serves as an administrative organization; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the cemetery can be found at http://torontoist.com/2012/10/toronto-cemetery-sojourns-roselawn-cemetery/ and http://www.cjnews.com/perspectives/breathing-new-life-cemetery-left-rot