Contribute to Bessarabia SIG
Our SIG (indeed, all of JewishGen) depends on volunteers... on you. All of the features of our SIG that help you do your family history were developed and are maintained by people who contribute their time, documents, skills, and money to help the rest of us. Your contributions are our SIG's lifeblood.
There are many ways to contribute. Cash donations, of course, always are needed, and welcome, to help pay for document acquisition and difficult translation projects. However, many of us cannot make cash donations. If you can't make a cash donation, you can help in other ways.
- Do you have old country documents that you have acquired?
- Can you help translate documents written in Russian, Polish, Hebrew, Yiddish, or Ukrainian?
- Can you help us create name indexes from material on websites and in documents?
- Are you skilled in html coding for web pages?
- Are you skilled in using Excel spreadsheets?
- Do you have database creation and management skills?
- Do you have project management skills?
- Can you help us identify and categorize documents from Russian language websites (using Google Translate)?
- Can you help proofread translations and other documents?
- Do you have memoirs or stories or photos that illustrate life in Bessarabia?
- Can you create photo layouts for the web?
- Can you help us communicate better with our members and others interested in tracing their family history in our geographical area of interest?
- Do you want to work on developing projects for your ancestral town (read about becoming a Town Leader)?
These are only a few ways you can contribute to our SIG. There are many more. We can tailor your task to the amount of time you have available. If you can help, please contact Yefim Kogan, Bessarabia SIG Coordinator, directly, or contact any of our Board members.
I am looking forward to hearing from you and to working with you.
, Bessarabia SIG Coordinatorwww.jewishgen.org/bessarabiawhere Jewish genealogy is personal