|[See the enlarged chart by clicking on the image]
The Halpern family in Stanislav
Notes from the family tree
Translated by Jerrold Landau
- According to the family tradition, he died at the end of the 18th century.
- He was born in the 1780s.
- He received the Order of Franz Josef medal of excellence in April, 1881.
- The wife of Alexander Horowitz.
- The wife of Reb Lipa Horowitz.
- Educated in the home of his grandfather, Rabbi Enzil Cuzmer.
- He was the president of the community for many years, and he laid the
foundations for a modern community. He was also a representative in the city
- He was a member of the city council and the communal council, as well as a
member of the supervisory committee of the Baron Hirsch School. He paid
special attention to the education of craftsmen, and training them properly
- The wife of Meir Margolin.
- The wife of Reb Yosef Landau (5606-5676 / 1846-1916).
- The wife of Reb Leibish the son of Hertz Bronshtein (5608-5660 / 1848-1910).
- The wife of Shmuel Luria of Pinsk.
- The wife of Reb Mordechai Zeev Ashkenazi
- The wife of Phillip Nathanson.
- A member of the large Zionist Action Committee (1911-1913); a member of the
Zionist directorship from 1921-1927; a deputy member of the Zionist Action
Committee (1927-1931); A member of the Zionist Action Committee from 1931
- The wife of Karel the son of Reb Shlomo Buber.
- He was a Zionist activist all of his life; he was one of the first who
served Herzl; he was one of the founders of Kadima of Vienna.
- He was the director of the IKA settlements in Argentina for two years. He
was the director of the national division for the Keren Kayemet LeYisrael in
Lvov before the First World War.
- The wife of Dr. Shmuel Shor.
- The wife of Rabbi Dr. Mordechai Zeev Broda of blessed memory.
- The wife of Dr. Arthur Lebental of Tel Aviv.
- The wife of Dr. Yechiel Moszic of Tel Aviv.
- A high school teacher in Tel Aviv.
- The former private physician of Professor Sigmund Freud. He took care of
him until his death. He is today in New York.
This material is made available by JewishGen, Inc.
and the Yizkor Book Project for the purpose of
mission of disseminating information about the Holocaust and
destroyed Jewish communities.
This material may not be copied,
sold or bartered without JewishGen, Inc.'s permission. Rights may be
reserved by the copyright holder.
JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of
the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.
Yizkor Book Project
JewishGen Home Page
Yizkor Book Project Manager, Lance Ackerfeld
This web page created by Osnat Ramaty
Copyright © 1999-2017 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 14 Feb 2004 by LA