Ron Doctor, Co-Coordinator, Kremenets Shtetl CO-OP/JRI-Poland
Ronald D. Doctor
21 January 2006
Adam Bronstein of New York researched incorporation papers for various New York-based Kremenets organizations. He extracted and copied pages containing essential information and personal names from these sometimes voluminous documents and provided copies to us. We have three sets of incorporation and related papers:
Chevra Beth David Kraminitzer Anshi Poland, New York (KrNY-1, 1907)
On 2 December 1907, the First Independent Kraminitzer Benevolent Association and the Kishener and Kraminitzer Congregation Beth David merged. The new organization was called Chevra Beth David Kraminitzer Anshi Poland. The document, recorded at the Supreme Court, New York County, identifies the people who were involved in the consolidation. The following Kremenetsers are named in the document as Trustees of the new corporation:
The papers translate the name of the consolidated organization as the Congregation of the House of David in the City of Kremenets. The address of the new organization was 96 Forsyth Street, Manhattan, New York. Harry Reitzes was Chairman, and Benjamin Silberman was secretary.
Kreminitzer Congregation Beth David Anshi Poland, New York
In 1909, the Kreminitzer Congregation of the House of David and the Chevra Gemilath Chesed Anshi Poland merged. The new organization was named Kreminitzer Congregation Beth David Anshi Poland, also known as Congregation or Brotherhood of the Former Residents of the City of Kreminitz, Russia-Poland. Two documents dated May 8, 1909, list the officers of each organization. The documents were filed with the Supreme Court of the State of New York. The following Kremenetsers are named in the document as Trustees of the new corporation:
|Bidderman, Max||Daffner, Louis|
|Haberman, Philip||Meckler, Michael|
|Mittleman, Nathan||Motolinski, Sam|
|Pell, Joseph||Reitzes, Harry|
Louis Daffner, Max Bidderman, and Philip Haberman were trustees of the Chevra. The document says that the Chevra had the following property: two dozen Talmudic books, one scroll of the law, and one altar. Their source of income was by donations of the members and others, and by quarter-yearly dues of each member.
Kremenitzer Young People's Progressive Club, New York
These are incorporation papers for the Kremenitzer Young People's Progressive Club of New York. The Certificate of Incorporation (no. 4389) was filed and recorded on 18 September 1914. Earlier papers are dated 19 August and 9 September 1914. The documents were recorded at the Supreme Court of the State of New York. The following Kremenetsers are named in the document as Trustees of the new corporation:
|Katz, Barnet||223 Avenue C, Manhattan, NYC|
|Weiner, David||208 South First Street, Brooklyn, NYC|
|Green, Max||150 Rivington Street, Manhattan, NYC|
|Littman, Max||150 Rivington Street, Manhattan, NYC|
|Fisherman, Max||209 Forsyth Street, Manhattan, NYC|
|Weintraub, Morris||119 Ludlow Street, Manhattan, NYC|
The Club was formed for social and benevolent purposes; to aid and assist each other voluntarily in case of poverty, need or assistance and to do such other and further acts, as from time to time may become necessary and proper in order to assist those members and help to make them good citizens.
Many thanks to Adam Bronstein for obtaining and providing these documents.
1907, page 2
1907, page 3
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.
Kremenets, Ukraine Yizkor Book Project JewishGen Home Page
Copyright © 1999-2016 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 13 May 2014 by LA