Reconstructed from memory by Moshe Segal (son of Hersh Matis)
[Translation Editor's Note: This map, which appears on the flyleaf of Sefer Vishnevets,
shows the town with Jewish and other landmarks during the early Nazi era, around 1941-1942.]
|(1) The Great Synagogue||(12) Boulevard|
|(2) Synagogues||(13) Guards|
|(3) The rabbi's house and the yeshiva||(14) Flourmill|
|(4) Tarbut School||(15) Town Hall|
|(5) Talmud Torah school||(16) Church|
|(6) Hekdesh (poor house)||(17) Community center (Polish: gamine)|
|(7) Little bridge||(18) Post office|
|(8) Bathhouse||(19) Castle|
|(9) Cemetery||(20) Embankment/dam|
|(10) Small cemetery||(21) Old town|
|(11) Butcher shop||(22) Mass grave|
|[Translator's Note: The Hebrew text at the top middle of the left page, kvarot achim, means brothers' graves, a mass burial site. The map shows the location of the mass graves. The sign at the bottom left of the left page shows the road to Kremenets. The sign about 1/3 of the way up from the left bottom of the left page points to Lanovits. The sign at the bottom of the right page shows the road to Pochayev.]|
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.
Vishnevets, Ukraine Yizkor Book Project JewishGen Home Page
Copyright ©1999-2014 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 27 Apr 2012 by LA