Little Alie Street, London E1.
Alie Street now extends east-west on both sides of Lemen Street, in London's
East End. The eastern (400 feet) section was known as Little Alie Street
and the western (600 feet) section was known as Great Alie Street. It is
situated about 300 feet south of the junction of Whitechapel High Street
and Commercial Road.
Alie Street is in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets,
created on 1 April 1965, within the administrative area of Greater London.
Alie Street (both Great and Little) was in the Metropolitan Borough of
Stepney (established 1900) in the County of London
(established 1889), both of which entities were abolished in 1965.
The street was also within the civil parish of Whitechapel (which
was in the former County of Middlesex until 1889) and which was abolished in 1927, being absorbed
into Stepney Borough parish, which itself was abolished in 1965.