Advance Your Career at JewishGen.org
JewishGen.org, a member of the Museum of Jewish Heritage family, is committed to preserving our Jewish family history and heritage for current and future generations.
To learn about how you can join us, please review the opportunities below. JewishGen is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. JewishGen also offers opportunities to volunteer. If you would like information about getting involved as a volunteer, please click here.
Current Openings – Careers
BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER
The full time Business Operations Manager will lead in fundraising, membership, and donor management, and report to the Executive Director. The Business Operations Manager will supervise the Administrative Assistant responsible for membership processing and user support. In addition, they will play a significant role in the volunteer program, working with our global network volunteers who support our programs and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and guidance to development support volunteers.
- Lead annual giving campaigns and membership development programs to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Assist in creating annual development plans to increase revenue in support of JewishGen’s fundraising goals.
- Provide friendly, donor-centered support as needed; resolve donor questions, problems, and complaints by offering solutions, troubleshooting and rectifying problems or issues.
- Ensure donor database records are up-to-date and aid in preparation of analytical and statistical reports to measure project progress toward fundraising goals and as needed.
- Lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities by acknowledging donations; creating queries, reports, exports, mail merges, and mailing lists; creating and maintaining donor records.
- Generate standard acknowledgements for gifts and membership.
- Ensure that JewishGen policies, procedures, and communications serve to attract, develop, and retain the volunteers who are vital to the operations of JewishGen.
- Generate volunteer reporting data to analyze status, growth, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop, cultivate, sustain, and grow volunteer engagement through individual meetings, the formation of ad hoc committees, etc.
- Ensure coordination and initiate any changes for all volunteer activities, including any volunteer orientation and training.
- Initiate, manage, and implement a volunteer recognition program.
- Maintain and update volunteer calendars and project plans as appropriate.
- Develop guides and documentation of tasks.
- Participate in conferences and/or volunteer team-building and recognition events as appropriate, and assist in organizing logistics for in-person events.
- Develop, expand, and define new volunteer opportunities as appropriate.
- Ensure volunteer information is up-to-date on the website and social media channels.
- Manage JewishGen Administrative Assistant: Including but not limited to timekeeping, project assignments, performance reviews and training.
- Supervise the volunteer Member Support Team, providing direction and guidance.
- Assist in the maintenance of the management information system.
- BA in related field and at least 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit environment, preferably at a museum.
- Strong knowledge of Altru preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Customer service orientation that includes patience and thoroughness.
- Prior fundraising and supervisory experience preferred.
Position reports to: Executive Director of JewishGen.
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org