« Previous Page Table of Contents Next Page »

vol903-1.jpg [40 KB]

Volozhin Yeshiva – south staircase
The memorial plaque above the southern entry staircase has been installed in May 24th 1999,
after throwing away the “Kulinaria” sign.




vol903-02.jpg [54 KB]

The text in English:
The Volozhin Yeshiva “Ets Hayim” “Tree of Life” Founded in 1803 by the prodigious Rabbi Hayim Volozhiner . Within these walls were educated the best young Jewish men of the 19th century. “Mother of Yeshivot” , it became a model for all religious schools. Because of its worlds renowned educational methodology, great prodigious teachers and high level of scholastic students, who became religious leaders, great rabbis, poets and writers
The Yeshiva Memorial plaque,
with text engraved in Russian, Hebrew & English

« Previous Page Table of Contents Next Page »


This material is made available by JewishGen, Inc. and the Yizkor Book Project for the purpose of
fulfilling our mission of disseminating information about the Holocaust and destroyed Jewish communities.
This material may not be copied, sold or bartered without JewishGen, Inc.'s permission. Rights may be reserved by the copyright holder.


JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material for verification.
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.

  Volozhin, Belarus     Yizkor Book Project     JewishGen Home Page


Yizkor Book Project Manager, Lance Ackerfeld
This web page created by Osnat Ramaty

Copyright ©1999-2014 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 23 Sep 2006 by LA