“Witkowo” - Encyclopedia of Jewish
Communities in Poland, Volume VI
(Poland)

52°26' 17°46' 

Translation of “Witkowo” chapter from
Pinkas Hakehillot Polin

Published by Yad Vashem

Published in Jerusalem


Click here to see how to add a Memorial Plaque to this Yizkor Book
GoldPlaque SilverPlaque BronzePlaque

 

Acknowledgments

 

Our sincere appreciation to Yad Vashem for permission
to put this material on the JewishGen web site.

This is a translation from: Pinkas Hakehillot Polin:
Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities, Poland, Volume VI, page 132,
published by Yad Vashem, Jerusalem


This material is made available by JewishGen, Inc. and the Yizkor Book Project for the purpose of
fulfilling our mission of disseminating information about the Holocaust and destroyed Jewish communities.
This material may not be copied, sold or bartered without JewishGen, Inc.'s permission. Rights may be reserved by the copyright holder.


JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material for verification.
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.


[Page 132]

Witkowo

(District of Gniezno, Region of Poznań)

Translated by Jerrold Landau

 

The community numbered 219 souls in 1895, but declined to 98 by 1910. After the First World War (in 1921), only 46 Jews remained. The Nazis, who conquered the area in September 1939, deported the last of the Jews to the Generalgouvernement.

 


 Yizkor Book Project    JewishGen Home Page  


Yizkor Book Project Manager, Lance Ackerfeld
Emerita Yizkor Book Project Manager, Joyce Field
This web page created by Max Heffler

Copyright ©1999-2014 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 27 Oct 2011 by MGH