“Wampierzow” - Encyclopedia of Jewish
Communities in Poland, Volume III
(Poland)

50°18' / 21°16'

Translation of “Wampierzow” chapter from
Pinkas Hakehillot Polin

Published by Yad Vashem

Published in Jerusalem


Click here to see how to add a Memorial Plaque to this Yizkor Book
GoldPlaque SilverPlaque BronzePlaque

Acknowledgments

Project Coordinator

Lancy Spalter

Translated and submitted to the Yizkor Book Project by Lancy Spalter
for the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG)

Our sincere appreciation to Yad Vashem for permission
to put this material on the JewishGen web site.

This is a translation from: Pinkas Hakehillot Polin:
Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities, Poland, Volume III, page 367, published by Yad Vashem, Jerusalem


This material is made available by JewishGen, Inc. and the Yizkor Book Project for the purpose of
fulfilling our mission of disseminating information about the Holocaust and destroyed Jewish communities.
This material may not be copied, sold or bartered without JewishGen, Inc.'s permission. Rights may be reserved by the copyright holder.


JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material for verification.
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.



(page 367)

Wampierzow

(Sub-district Mielec, District Krakow)

Translated by Lancy Spalter

Wampierzow was first mentioned in documents from 1581 as a village owned by the nobility. In the 1880s there were 105 Jews out of a total of 2,070 inhabitants. In 1921 there were 101 Jews out of a total of 1,596 inhabitants.

Because of the proximity of Wampierzow to Radomysl-Wielki, we can assume that at the end of July 1941, the Jews of Wampierzow were uprooted, like other Jews in this area, and sent to Radomysl-Wielki. This community was extirpated on July 19, 1942. Some of its Jews were killed on the spot or in the nearby forest. Most were sent to Debica and from there, a few days later, to the Maidanek Death Camp.


 Yizkor Book Project    JewishGen Home Page     Wampierzów, at KehilaLinks


Yizkor Book Project Manager, Lance Ackerfeld
Emerita Yizkor Book Project Manager, Joyce Field
Contact person for this translation Lancy Spalter
This web page created by Carol Monosson Edan

Copyright ©1999-2014 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 25 Aug 2005 by MGH