Enhanced map from page 24
By Martin Small A/K/A Mordechai Shmulevicz
Prepared for Myrna and Shael Siegel's Trip to Maytchet 2004
- Fire Department - Head of Fire Dept. Martin's cousin Yossel Shmulewicz
- Area of Three Synagogues (Shulhof)
2a. Bet Midrash,
2c. Main Synagogue named Kalte Schul Large brick bldg., high ceiling painted biblical scenes, men's section 15-20 steps down and women sat in balcony, no heat and was used for holidays, Shtiebel for Chassidim and Beit Midrash smaller synagogue
- Rabbi's House and Cantor's House
- Novomiski Liquor business (Martin's Uncle)
- Gilerowicz House
- Korn's House
- Line of Stores
- Alter Rubiezewski (Rubio) House on top of Stores facing Bet Midrash
- Lakhovitzki Pharmacy
- House of Martin's Grandparents Abraham and Shifra Schmulewicz
- Apteka---The Dvorjetski's Pharmacy
- Chaim Meir Gorski's Shoe Store they lived on street behind the store
- House of Beryl Schmulewicz, the Mohel, brother of Martin's grandfather
- Hardware Store of Michel Schmulewicz, Martin's Uncle
- Rabinovitch Dry Goods Store (Uncle of Nachum Rabinovitch)
- Israel Rabinovitch House (Nachum's father)
- House of Vikna Belski
- Bakery (Sora Henie was sales lady)
- Freidl Margolin's store/cafe
- Romanovski's House
- The Water Pump
- Volinski's Soda Factory and Store
- Belitski Dry Good Store
- Road to Slonim
- Elke and Koppel Gorski's General Store on Street to Slonim and 2 doors from Church.
- The White Church Prowaslaw (Greek Orthodox) Street behind was Catholic Church.
- Martin's Uncle Michel Schmulewicz House Rented house and storage rented to Rabinovitch for storage of wheat and grains he sold in market
- Martin's House parents Schlomo and Esther Schmulewicz, children Mordechai Leib (Martin Small), Pesha and Elka behind house was Uncle Zimel's House wife was Chaika Bilitski Address was 17 Handlova
- Uncle Michel Schmulewicz family residence wife Leah and sons Chonia & Moishe. Behind the house was a stable for cows.
- Gilerowicz House
- House of Priest from Pravosiaw White Church
- Jewish Doctor's house, Dr. Shapiro---next to this was a small gentile cemetery
- Chaim Meir Gorski the Shoe Maker's House; children Sachne, Yankel and Minya
- Ozeransky (or possibly Orzechovsky House son Bome lives in Russia and was in the Russian army
- Gentile Doctor Feisher's house
- Catholic Church and Living Quarters
- Gentile Cemetery
- The Health Forest (mostly Pine trees)
- Water Mill
- Mina Gorsky's House---the carpenter
- Viloikhinski the shoemaker
- Liberman's house and business Wealthy man; had a telephone
- House of Yosel Bielous (Brother of Martin's mother)
- Houses of Moshe Aaron Boretcky and houses of sons and their families Shmuel, Noach and Ben Zion Boretcky
- Moshe Aaron Boretcky's Flour Mill
- Uncle Mikal Schmulewicz SMOLARNIA business (would bring roots from trees and burn for weeks to make tar to be used on roofs
- Novomiski houses (on far right)
- All Jewish houses
- Martin's cousin Yudel Schmulewicz motel for guests who came for the summer to the health forest. Would tie hammocks between trees to use as beds
- Weekly Market held on Wednesdays on right of map
Not numbered on map:
Police Station across the street from Yudel Schmulewicz's motel
Train Station built 1938 near the mass grave. The station used before that was in Mickiewicz 4 km. from Maytchet on the way to Baranovichi
Slonimskaya Street was way to Slonim, Yurzdyka St.
On road to Dvorets was another flour mill
This material is made available by JewishGen, Inc.
and the Yizkor Book Project for the purpose of
mission of disseminating information about the Holocaust and
destroyed Jewish communities.
This material may not be copied,
sold or bartered without JewishGen, Inc.'s permission. Rights may be
reserved by the copyright holder.
JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of
the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.
Yizkor Book Project
JewishGen Home Page
Yizkor Book Project Manager, Lance Ackerfeld
This web page created by Lance Ackerfeld
Copyright © 1999-2016 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 19 Oct 2013 by LA