Multi-view German Occupied Towns 

Formerly Russian - ca 1916 

[Click on picture to enlarge.]

 

Multi10018.jpg (281359 bytes) Multi20019.jpg (259917 bytes)

Wirballen Filipow Sejny Lodzieje Sopockinie Augustow

Field Marshall von Hindenburg is on the left Wirballen Augustow Suwalki Wirballen Suwalki

Multi30049.jpg (271102 bytes)
SUWALKI  From left to right, starting from the top: 1) Captured Russian weapons across the street from the Catholic church 2) Russian church 3) German soldiers 4) Catholic church with German soldiers 5) Marketplace 6) Train station 7) Catholic church with captured Russian weapons. 8) Woman in ceremonial dress 9) German soldiers 10) German soldiers in line to buy goods from local merchants Clockwise from the upper left: Eydtkuhnen (in Russia proper) Prostken (Prostki - in East Prussia) Marketplace in Suwalki Church in Wirballen Marshal von Hindenburg in the center Mailed in 1915


Back to Randy Stehle's Collection of Town View Postcards

Copyright 1998-2009, Suwalk-Lomza Interest Group for Jewish Genealogists.
Last updated October 6, 2009 rjz.