HOW TO REACH THE SKOKIE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Occasional meetings of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois
Skokie Public Library
- 5215 Oakton Street
- parking lot:
- on the east side of the building (south side of street).
- at main entrance of the building:
- look for temporary signs inside the building for the JGSI meeting.
map courtesy of Mapquest
- The library and parking lot is on the south side of Oakton Street.
- From the North:
- South on Interstate 94 (Edens Expressway) to the Dempster Street eastbound exit. Proceed east almost a mile to the traffic light at Niles Center Road. Turn right and proceed south by southwest one mile to the traffic light at Oakton Street (just after the merger with Lincoln Avenue). Turn right and proceed west-- there is a long block on your left (the south side of Oakton) which includes the city parking lot shared by the library and the village hall. Carefully turn left into the lot and hunt for a parking space. [There are some shortcuts through the local streets between Dempster and Oakton.]
- From the South:
- North on Interstate 94 (Edens Expressway) to the Touhy Avenue exit. Turn left at the traffic light at the head of the exit ramp and proceed north on Skokie Boulevard (Illinois 50, Cicero Avenue). At about one mile turn left at the traffic light onto Oakton Street and proceed west. The traffic light at Niles Center Road is less than one-half mile along. Next there is a long block on your left (the south side of Oakton) which includes the city parking lot shared by the library and the village hall. Carefully turn left into the lot and hunt for a parking space. [There is a shortcut along Lincoln Avenue to Niles Center Road.]
- From the North on the southbound Tri-State Tollway:
- Exit at Golf Road and proceed a few hundred feet south to the actual intersection. Turn left and proceed east on Golf Road about a mile and a half. Turn right at the traffic light and proceed southeast on Milwaukee Avenue (Illinois 21). After about a mile reach a grade-separated intersection with Dempster Street. Turn left onto eastbound Dempster Street. Proceed about three and one-half miles to cross Edens Expressway and then proceed as above.
- From the South on the northbound Tri-State Tollway:
- Exit at Touhy Avenue and proceed eastbound roughly seven miles (crossing Edens Expressway) to the traffic light at Skokie Boulevard (Illinois 50, Cicero Avenue). Turn left and proceed north as above. [There is a shortcut, before the Edens Expressway overpass, onto Carpenter Road which becomes Niles Center Road.]
Close this window to view the JGSI homepage.