OF MEMBERS OF THE
HULL HEBREW CONGREGATION
HELD AT THE SHAKESPEARE TAVERN, WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 29TH, 1852,
SIMEON MOSELY, ESQ., IN THE CHAIR,
Mr. SAMUEL GODFREY was requested to act as Secretary to the Meeting
The following RESOLUTIONS were unanimously adopted:-
1. That the Members of the “Hull Hebrew Congregation” highly appreciate the valuable services rendered by the past President, Mr. George Alexander, and their present Warden, Mr. Bethel Jacobs.
2. That, in order to testify the gratitude of the Members of the Congregation, a Testimonial be presented to each of these gentlemen.
3. That a Subscription be at once entered into to defray the expenses of such Testimonials.
4. That a Committee be appointed to carry out the foregoing Resolutions; to consist of five Gentlemen, with power to add to their number.
5. That Messrs. S. Mosely, H. Apple, P. Lewis, Morris Cohen, and J. Friedeberg do form the Committee.
6. That Mr. S. Mosely To be Treasurer.
SIMEON MOSELY, Chairman
MR. MOSELEY HAVING LEFT THE CHAIR, IT WAS RESOLVED UNANIMOUSLY –
That the cordial thanks of this Meeting are eminently due and hereby given to Mr. Mosely for his able and impartial in the Chair.
S. GODFREY, Secretary (pro. tem)
The following Gentlemen not having been present at the Meeting, forwarded Subscriptions towards the Testimonials:--
Back to Hull (Old) Hebrew Congregation page
About JCR-UK | JCR-UK home page | Contact JCR-UK Webmaster
Terms and Conditions, Licenses and Restrictions for the use of this website:
This website is
owned by JewishGen and the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain. All
material found herein is owned by or licensed to us. You may view, download, and
print material from this site only for your own personal use. You may not post
material from this site on another website without our consent. You may not
transmit or distribute material from this website to others. You may not use
this website or information found at this site for any commercial purpose.