JCR-UK

Bristol Hebrew Congregation

Bristol

 

              

         
 
 

Bristol Hebrew Ladies' Benevolent Society

(Updated 5 June 2003) 

One of the more active charitable organisations within the Bristol Hebrew Congregation was the Bristol Hebrew Ladies' Benevolent Society. Founded in 1845, this Society thrived for more than 100 years and was responsible for extensive fund raising activities, including various charity performances at the Prince's Theatre in the 1920s and 1930s (See the Fund Raising Section for sample programmes from these events).

This section provides some samples of the Society's Annual Reports from the late 1920s to early 1940s which include details of its membership each year.

To view any of the Annual Reports (pdf ~0.2 MB), select the appropriate year from the list below.

 

Back to Congregation Home Page

If you have anything to add to this section please contact JCR-UK


About JCR-UK   |   JCR-UK home page  |   Contact JCR-UK Coordinator

JGSGB  JewishGen

Copyright © 2002 JCR-UK. All Rights Reserved