Vsia Rossiia - "All Russia" Business Directory
1895, 1899, 1903, 1911
Berdichev, Zhitomir, Tiraspol, Slonim and Volkovysk Uyezds
This database consists of extracts from Russian business directories,
various editions of Vsia Rossiia for 1895, 1899, 1903 and 1911:
- Berdichev district (Kiev gubernia, now Ukraine): 1063 entries
- Zhitomir district (Volhynia gubernia, now Ukraine): 840 entries
- Slonim district (Grodno gubernia, now Belarus): 794 entries
- Volkovysk district (Grodno gubernia, now Belarus): 132 entries
- Tiraspol district (Kherson gubernia, now Moldova): 266 entries
The fields provided for each listing are:
- Given Name - First Name and Patronymic (when included).
Patronymics were often abbreviated.
- Occupation (category of business as listed in directory)
- Year - the year of the published directory
- District (uyezd)
Additional data which is not in database, but can be found in
the original business directory includes the business address - either
street name or building owner's name; town officials; and a general
introductory section on population, industry, etc. for each town.
This data was transcribed by Jane Rollins at the UCLA University
Research Library, Microforms Room.
Last Update: 18 Feb 2003 WSB