$bc='mailinglist'; $pagetitle='Discussion Group Mailing List'; include 'header.php';?>
include 'footer.php'; ?>
The JewishGen Danzig/Gdańsk SIG listserv (mailing list) is provided by JewishGen in order to facilitate the exchange of information between researchers. Subscribing is free. Once subscribed, you can post messages to the mailing list by sending them to email@example.com. For your first post, it is suggested that you introduce yourself and provide details about the Danzig families you are researching. Please also let us know about any useful Danzig Jewish genealogical resources you are aware of. When posting, please abide by these key rules:
Once subscribed, you can modify the format in which you receive messages or temporarily stop the flow of mail for vacation or business travel by visiting http://lyris.jewishgen.org/Listmanager/ and selecting "nomail." Please do not use "out of office messages," as they create a burden on the listserv and are an annoyance to most subscribers.
- compose posts as text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
- provide a specific, meaningful Subject-line
- don't ramble off the topic
- use ALL UPPER CASE letters for surnames only
- sign your article (full name please), include your city, state or country, and your email address, as in:
Tel Aviv, Israel
- do not in a reply copy the entire content of the message you are replying to, but leave only as much as is necessary to indicate to which message you are replying
Please note that we can accept posts in plain text only. Anything sent in html, any version of mime or multipart/alternative cannot be posted and will be returned. Before posting a message, please make certain that your e-mail program is set to send messages in plain text only. For help with setting your e-mail program to plain text, please visit the JewishGen Support Center and see the section on Mailing Lists.
The Moderator of the mailing list is Elsebeth Paikin. If you would like to be an Alternate Moderator, especially if you have relevant experience, please contact the SIG Coordinator.