The first historical references to Bobr date to the Sixteenth Century, when Bobr was
still within the Orshan Region. In the Seventeenth Century, the city was in the domain of
Prince Aginsky. During that time, according to the Mydeborg law, the inhabitants of Bobr
had the right to hold plebescites, to establish guilds, and to engage in trade. They held
markets twice a week on Sundays and Thursdays and also had seven major fairs each year.
From 1793 Bobr became part of Russia, governed from a center in Senan. In 1880, the population of the city was 2300. There were 264 wooden houses. Marinsky Cathedral was built of stone in the Eighteenth Century. The local industry of the town consisted mainly of two mills.
At the beginning of the Twentieth Century, two brick factories were established. From 1905 until 1907, the workers of Bobr were involved in anti-Czarist activities. From 1924, Bobr became a city [perhaps a reference to a change of legal status]. Now, Bobr is within the Krupsky Region, under the jurisdiction of Minsk.
Inscription under the Coat Of Arms. On the blue background there are two knights, Saints Gleb and Boris, wearing crowns.
The emblem as adopted on December 1, 1762.