Rusinovichi before 1917


XVI century

- Rusinovichi (Seksanarovichi) was a private possession of Zhyzhemsky noble family in the Great Lithuanian Princedom.

Since 1793

- Rusinovichi was in Russian Empire.


- Rusinovichi was a private possession of Unekhovsky-Ostroya noble family in Minsk District of Minsk Province.

Vital Statistics.


Number of Jews

Number of Non-Jews


Specific gravity in total population number

Mid. XIX century

Jewish population appeared


about 290

Total population

No info



Total population

No info




Both sexes

1,8 %

Jewish Life.

In the beg. XX century in Rusinovichi there were no praying houses or other Jewish objects.

Economical Review.

Traditional activities of local population were agriculture and trade with timber. Since the settlement foundation Ptych river was the main road for local habitants.

In 1632 there were 6 boyar (farmer) households, who were to:

- pay the landlord 240 groshes per 21,36 hectares of land as rent price;

- deliver the landlord 1 wagon any time;

- deliver the landlord 6 workers for the harvest period.

Beside boyars all the other peasants were serfs. The serfs were divided into two classes:

1. Cultivators of a plot of land that was owned by the lord. They were to work:

- 3 days a week in summer period (April - September);

- 2 days a week in winter period (October - March);

- 6 days with the entire family during the harvest time;

- 6 days with the entire family during the hay-making time;

- the women in turn helped to keep the lord’s household in winter;

- the men in turn guarded the lord’s household in winter.

2. Providers of their own production to the lord. They were to deliver annually (per 21,36 hectares):

- 120 groshes;

- 1 barrel (420 liters) of rye;

- 1 barrel ( 420 liters) of oats;

- 1 goose;

- 2 chickens;

- 20 eggs;

- 1 wagon or 120 groshes.

During Russian principality Russian authorities did a lot to develop the region because of military and fiscal reasons mostly. First of all, old communications were reconstructed there:

- post communications road Koydanov - Minsk.

In XIX, because of development of the AllRussian Market, new types of communications appeared in the region. Since 1871 the closest railway and telegraph stations were in Fanipol (3 km).

Those events provoked rapid increase of Rusinovichi. Here is the table of development of Rusinovichi in the 2nd half of XIX - early XX century:

Date of record

Number of houses







In the late XIX - early XX century there were big mill and textile machine, possessed by the landlord.

General cultural information.

By the end XIX century in Rusinovichi there were nothing special. The closest doctor and post office were in Koydanov (15 km) and the closest synagogue was in Samokhvalovichi (12 km).


Copyright 1997-1998 Oleg Perzashkevich and Alexander Remenchik