Negoreloye before 1917


XVI century

- Negoreloye was a private possession of Radzivill magnate family of the Great Lithuanian Princedom. Jewish population appeared.

Since 1793

- Negoreloye was in Russian Empire.


- Negoreloye was a private possession in Minsk District of Minsk Province.

1st half of XIX century

- Negoreloye was bought by noble man Joseph Abramovich.


- the railway station of Brest-Moscow Railroad was constructed in Negoreloye.


- Negoreloye was bought by Count Emeric Chapsky.

Vital Statistics


Number of Jews

Number of Non-Jews


Specific gravity in total population number


Jewish population appeared



Total population

No info




Both sexes

8,8 %

Jewish Life

In the beg. XX century in Negoreloye there were no Jewish objects.

Economical Review.

Traditional activities of local Jewish population were trade with timber, grain, cattle and vodka. Since early time Perechura river was the main roads for local habitants.

During Russian principality, vodka trade was under state hard control and became less popular among Jewish businessmen. But Russian authorities did a lot to develop the region because of military and fiscal reasons mostly. First of all, old communications were reconstructed there:

- post communications road Minsk - Koydanov - Novogrudok;

- trade road Koydanov - Uzda.

In XIX, because of development of the AllRussian Market, new types of communications appeared there:

- telegraph road (1870s);

- railway station [a station of Moscow - Brest railroad (1871)].

Those events effect seriously to development of the region and Negoreloye itself, especially after it was bought by Count Chapsky and Russia signed trade treaty with Germany (since 1895 that railroad became the main trade way after it). Chapsky founded there cheese factory and big dairy farm (300 cows). The factory and farm production was transported to Stolbtsy by railway, then by Neman river to Prussia.

In the end XIX - early XX century main cargo of Negoreloye rail station were grain and wood. The station annual turnover was over 3 200 tons.

In 1905 there were only 5 houses in Negoreloye, in 1917 there were 16 ones already.

General cultural information.

In the end XIX - early XX century in Negoreloye there were:

- a hotel for coming merchants;

- mounted post service for public usage;

- post office and telegraph station.

Closest doctor and synagogue were in Koydanov (10 km).


Copyright 1997-1998 Oleg Perzashkevich