Mikhanovichi before 1917


XVI century

- Mikhanovichi was founded as a private village in Minsk District of Minsk Province of the Great Lithuanian Princedom.

Since 1793

- Mikhanovichi was in Russian Empire.


- Mikhanovichi was a private village in Minsk District of Minsk Province.


- the railway station of Libava-Romny Railroad was constructed in Mikhanovichi. Resident Jewish population appeared.

Vital Statistics


Number of Jews

Number of Non-Jews


Specific gravity in total population number


Jewish population appeared


c. 200

Total population

No info



Total population

No info




Both sexes

1,5 %

Jewish Life

In the beg. XX century in Mikhanovichi there were no Jewish objects.

Economical Review.

Traditional activities of local population were trade with timber, grain, cattle and vodka.

During Russian principality the authorities did a lot to develop the region because of military and fiscal reasons mostly. First of all, old communications were reconstructed there:

- trade road Koydanov - Smolevichi;

- Minsk - Annopol.

In XIX, because of development of the AllRussian Market, new types of communications appeared there:

- telegraph road (1870s);

- railway station [a station of Libava-Romny railroad (1873)].

Those events effect seriously to development of the region and Mikhanovichi itself. If in the 1882 there were 28 houses in Mikhanovichi, in 1905 there were 102 ones already.

In the end XIX - early XX century main cargo of Mikhanovichi rail station were wood and grain.

General cultural information.

- post office;

- telegraph station.

Closest doctor was in Minsk (20 km) and closest synagogue was in Samokhvalovichi (12 km).

Copyright 1997-1998 Oleg Perzashkevich and Alexander Remenchik