Karpilovka before 1917


XVI century

- Karpilovka was a private village in the Great Lithuanian Princedom.

Since 1793

- Karpilovka was in Russian Empire.

Since 1801

- Karpilovka was a private possession in Minsk District of Minsk Province.

Mid. XIX century

- Jewish population appeared.

Vital Statistics.


Number of Jews

Number of Non-Jews


Specific gravity in total population number

Mid. XIX century

Jewish population appeared



Total population

No info




Both sexes

8,6 %

Jewish Life.

In the beg. XX century in Karpilovka there were no praying houses or other Jewish objects.

Economical Review.

Traditional activities of local population were agriculture and trade with timber. The village became to develop only in mid. XIX century after Russian authorities did a lot to develop the region because of military and fiscal reasons mostly. First of all, old communications were reconstructed there:

- post communications road Minsk - Vitebsk;

- trade road Radoshkovichi - Smolevichi.

In XIX, because of development of the AllRussian Market, new types of communications appeared in the region. Since 1871 the closest railway and telegraph stations were in Kolodishchi (22 km).

In 1905 there were 14 houses in Karpilovka, in 1917 — 19 ones.

It seems, that there were no any significant Jewish businesses in Karpilovka before 1917.

General cultural information.

By the end XIX century in Karpilovka there were nothing special. The closest doctor was in Minsk (28 km), the closest post office and synagogue were in Ostroshitsky Gorodok (7 km).


Copyright 1997-1998 Marina Duda and Oleg Perzashkevich