Annopol before 1917


XVI - early XVIII centuries

- Annopol was known as Krupitsa, which was a private possession of Khaletsky noble family of the Great Lithuanian Princedom.

Beg. XVIII century

- Krupitsa became Annopol and possession of Radzivill magnate family of the Rech Pospolitaya.

Since 1793

- Annopol was in Russian Empire.


- Annopol was a private village in Minsk District of Minsk Province.

Since 1878

- Annopol became a possession of Panov noble family.

Vital Statistics


Number of Jews

Number of Non-Jews


Specific gravity in total population number

XVIII century

Jewish population appeared



Total population

No info




Both sexes

2,2 %

Jewish Life

In the beg. XX century in Annopol there were no Jewish objects.

Economical Review.

Traditional activities of local Jewish population were trade with timber, grain and vodka. Since early times Ptych river was the main road and a trade way for local habitants.

It is known, that at least since Annopol was Radzivill possession, there was an annual fair on the Easter and a big garden of exotic fruit trees.

During Russian principality, vodka trade was under state hard control and became less popular among Jewish businessmen. But Russian authorities did a lot to develop the region because of military and fiscal reasons mostly. First of all, old communications were reconstructed there:

- trade road Minsk - Mikhanovichi - Novopolye - Rudensk.

In XIX, because of development of the AllRussian Market, new types of communications appeared in the region: since 1873 the closest railway and telegraph stations were in Mikhanovichi (12 km).

Those events provoked rapid growth of Annopol: in 1905 there were 7 houses in Annopol, in 1917 there were already 50 houses. However, before 1917 there were no significant business or trade enterprises in Annopol.

General cultural information.

By the end XIX century in Annopol there were:

- an old Roman Catholic church, built with long time ago;

- former Radzivill palace which stores many historical things and old books.

The closest doctor and synagogue were in Minsk (24 km).

Copyright 1997-1998 Sergey Rybchenok and Oleg Perzashkevich