Photo captions - Dzialoszyce Yizkor book
Translated by David Goldman
- The town of Mehianklovka – A view from the cemetery.
- Statue of Koshchyushko – Peddlers in the market square.
- Municipal offices, the church is in the distance.
- A view of the town from Voznyakovsky Hill.
- The market square during the weekdays.
- The late Gertler family.
- Members of the Pan-Zionist Pioneer Movement. [Caption inside photo:] Halutz Haklal Zioni
[Pan Zionist Pioneer Movement], Dzioloshits, on Lag Ba'Omer, 5693 [Sunday, May 14, 1933]
- Betar in Dzialoshits [Caption in photo:] Brit Trumpeldor, Dzialoshits branch. [Betar is an
acronym for Brit Trumpeldor – Covenant of Trumpeldor].
- Members of Betar in uniform.
- Movie Day for the Keren Kayemet LeYisrael [Jewish National Fund]. 1927.
- Mazel Tov!
We, the treasurers of the local Mourner Consolation Society appeal to the newlywed Mr. Yehuda
Leib Zohn [
- ] to assist us in this holy endeavor and make a tithe contribution to the best of his
ability and free will to the Mourner Consolation Society. May justice walk before him, and in the
merit of this charitable contribution, may his marriage succeed for many many years to come.
[stamp] Treasurers: Henech **
Leib Itsik **
Bookkeeper: Yitzchak Ropolovitz
Sunday, April 15, 1934, Dziolashits
- A group of young people in HaNoar HaZioni.
- Grade 7 class of the People's School [Folkschul], 1926.
- Girl students at the Hebrew Girls' School.
- A class from the Yavneh School.
- The Hashomer Organization [Guards – Young Guards/Hashomer Hatsa'ir
- Envelope addressed in Spanish to Mr. J. Spivak 830 Corrientes, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Receipt: Hatechiya [Rebirth] Jewish People's Library, Dzialoshits
Received from Leibish Rolnitsky, Active member[
- ], 5.00 Marks.
December 9, 1925.
----Associations and Institutions, Certificates and Documents
- A group of HaNoar HaZioni [Zionist Youth Organization] – A farewell to David Sholimovitz
and Beila Burstein as they depart for Palestine.
- A farewell party. Two pioneers leave for Palestine.
- The HaNoar HaZioni summer camp.
- Participants at camp.
- A younger group in HaNoar HaZioni.
- Group of girls of HaNoar HaZioni with their group leader.
- A Gordonia [named for Yehuda Leib Gordon, Zionist writer] training group in Dzhiknovitsa
together with members of HaNoar HaZioni.
- [Photo:] Keren Kayemet LeYisrael, May 5, 1929, Dzialoszyce.
The Keren Kayemet LeYisrael Committee, 1929.
- Group of [male] members of Pan-Zionist Pioneer Movement.
- Keren Kayemet LeYisrael activists.
- Membership card of the Zionist Organization of Poland. Issued to Raizel Zonnenfeld in the
city of Dzioloshits. "He/She is a member of the Zionist Organization.
For the Central Committee
- Second receipt in Polish is member card from the Zionist Organization of Poland issued to
Aryeh Robucki issued for year 1928.
------ Associations, Institutions, Certificates and Documents.
- The theater troupe performs Kol Nidrei 1927.
A program of the Jewish Amateur Troupe, dated for April 19, 21 and 24, 1927. "The Reserve Soldier.
The story takes place during the Russian-Japanese War.
Hebrew: The theater program.
|Szmul Kleinerman: ||M. Ungier
|Chaya, his wife: ||R. Zonenfeldowna
|Dina, their daughter: ||W. Wdowinska
|Szymon [?]: ||"
|Adolf Handelsman, manufacturer: ||H. Meryn
|Dorota, his wife: ||R. Zonenfeldowna
|Maks, their accountant: ||M. Kolatacz
|Fajfke, servant of manufacturer: ||I. Leszman
|Policeman: ||I. Leszman
- The synagogue after the flood.
- Destroyed wooden houses.
- The train station – cars turned over because of the flood.
- After the flood.
- House of Tsudzinovsky – half of the house was destroyed in the flood.
- One of the victims of the flood.
- Itsikel the Victim
- Ancestors' graves.
- Zvi Potashnik and Leib Einbinder reading newspapers.
- Two unfortunate souls while they take a rest.
- Rebbetzin [rabbi's wife] Epstein in her youth.
- Cantor Moshe Spivak while he chants G-d of Great Mercy [Kel Moleh Rachamim]
- Yehoshua Spivak, town cantor.
- [Right] Crazy Shimeleh
- A bagel seller at the Fair.
- A mother and her children who died in the Holocaust – Chava Arkosh and her children Esther
- Three friends: David Tergovnik, Yaakov Yavela, Yitzchak Kolatch.
- Moshe Hirsh Rosenfrucht after returning from Russian imprisonment.
- Young married men in town.
- The town slaughterer [shochet], Itshe Meir Gottfried and his daughter.
- The west side of the synagogue.
- The rebbe, Rabbi Eliezer Epstein, his son Yonatan and one of his chassidim.
- The rabbi and his attendant – the elderly rabbi.
R.Yitzchak Halevi Stashevsky and his attendant, Hirsh Mendel.
- The Goldkorn family wedding.
- Draining and digging work
- A mass grave of approximately 2000 Jews killed by the Nazis (photo, 1967)
- The bunks of the concentration camp. On right: Binyamin Valusky
- A theater in the war orphan's home
- Synagogue: coal warehouse (photo, 1967)
- Study hall: now a kindergarten (photo, 1967)
- Inside synagogue (photo, 1967)
- Synagogue: walls are crumbling (photo, 1967)
- Northern wall of synagogue (photo, 1967)
- A view of part of our town (photo, 1967)
- First memorial in Israel to the memory of our town's martyrs (1951)
- Dedication of Torah scroll to synagogue of Rabbi Yehuda Frankel, in memory of our town's
- An ambulance contributed by Dzialoshitz emigres in the U.S., in memory of our town's
- The Dzialoshitz memorial section at the Martyrs Forest in the Jerusalem hills
- The Organizational Committee and Book Committee of Dziolashits Emigrés.
[Left to Right]
Treasurer: Dov Beisky Chairman: Zvi Yehuda Frankel Secretary: Aryeh Shachar
Yaakov Khiba [Khaba?] Aryeh Rolnitsky Moshe Roznak
Shlomo Lida Yisrael Roznak
- David Shlomi Yisrael Zvi Skora
- Loyal members and devoted activists – Members of the committee who passed on. May their
memory be for a blessing.
Zisman Shinivsky Zvi Rolnitsky
Chaim Shkolnik Yosef Brandes
- "Thus you shall say to the House of Jacob." These are the lady activists devoted to goodness
and charity in all aspects of the organization of Dzioloshits emigrés. They all deserve a blessing
[Left to right]
Tova Avny Shoshana Rolnitsky Chaya Khiba
Sarah Sherer Bracha Posner
- [Yiddish] Dzioloshits Emigré Organization in America
[Left to Right]
|Hillel Gadansky ||Chaim Freiman ||Marvin Lasker
|Second VP ||First VP ||President
|Leo Margolin ||Harry Switzer ||Meir Wachshlog
|Secretary ||Treasurer ||Third VP
|Hertzke Graber ||Shlomo Freiman
This material is made available by JewishGen, Inc.
and the Yizkor Book Project for the purpose of
mission of disseminating information about the Holocaust and
destroyed Jewish communities.
This material may not be copied,
sold or bartered without JewishGen, Inc.'s permission. Rights may be
reserved by the copyright holder.
JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of
the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.
Yizkor Book Project
JewishGen Home Page
Yizkor Book Project Manager, Lance Ackerfeld
This web page created by Moshe M. Shavit
Copyright ©1999-2014 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 1 Jul 2007 by LA