How do I change information (category, country, etc.) before I submit a file?
If you've uploaded an image, but not yet submitted it, you can edit most information. NOTE: Once you've submitted a file, you'll have to wait until it's been approved to make any changes.
1. On ViewMate, log into JewishGen (not shown) and click the My ViewMate link.
2. On your "My ViewMate" page, in the navigation menu on the left, click Uploaded Images Not Yet Submitted.
3. In the Edit column, click the icon for the file whose information you want to change.
4. Make your desired change. In the example, we've changed the Category. But you can also change or edit Family Surname, Country, Town, Date and Question.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update to save the changes. You will be returned to the page with your uploaded but not yet submitted files (not shown).