CURRENT CZECH NAME: Kuzová
OTHER NAMES/SPELLINGS: Wallisgrün, Wallisgruen, Wallisdorf, Heinrichsdorf
LOCATION: [Wallisgrün (political county Podersam, Legal Circuit Jechnitz, Yearbook 1893, Prag) ]
HISTORY: The Jewish Congregation
of Wallisgrün (Neu-Wallisdorf) exists since the founding of the villages,
in any case since before the year 1783. In 1812 the Temple was built,
for that purpose, the Congregation received generous support from the patron,
His Excellency Count Wallis from Fkolleschowitz, who donated the site,
wood, etc. 121 Souls. The ceremonial bath exists since the
congregation was formed.
1. Burial brotherhood, 35 Members, Chair: Moritz Löwy in Cistá.
NOTABLE RESIDENTS AND DESCENDANTS:
Chairman: Daniel Kohn
CONTACTS: Today the Chairman of the Jewish Congregation Wallisgrünis is Emil Kauders, from Cistá.
SOURCES: Translated from: "Die Juden und Judengemeinden Böhmens in Vergangenheit und Gegenwart" by Hugo Gold.
SUBMITTER: Karl Jansky,
Return to Austria-Czech SIG Homepage Home